Service and Care Coordination
- Follow-up for clients with sickle cell disease throught their life cycle
- Consultation with health and human service professionals
- Referrals to support groups, medical centers and other agencies
- Education and employment intervention
- Psychosocial services
- Client and family education
- Training for health and human service professionals
- Education for schools, churches, civic groups, etc.
- Universal screening of newborns in Eastern North Carolina
- Analysis of blood tests
- Genetic counseling for persons and their families identified with sickle cell disease or who are carriers of the trait.